By all accounts, business owners and corporate thinkers today are devoting a great deal of attention toward strategic acquisitions. Finding, evaluating and acquiring synergistic businesses that contribute to the overall objectives of your organization can be an essential component in building long-term sustainable stakeholder value. This is the case whether you pursue an on-going roll-up strategy or an occasional one-off transaction. We can help.
Prior to initiating a search, Dyrehaven takes the time to become thoroughly acquainted with our client’s business, management team, culture and long-term objectives. This becomes all important, later in our process, as we attempt to set our client apart from the myriad of buyers who may or have already approached the same acquisition prospect(s).
Although each engagement is customized to the particular requirements and goals of our client, generally our services include:
- Assisting in developing and/or validating acquisition strategy.
- Helping to establish and refine specific acquisition criteria and reality-based objectives.
- Researching and identifying acquisition target prospects that satisfy the client criteria (including hidden prospects that may not be obvious).
- Developing a confidential and credible approach strategy for each target prospect.
- Systematically conducting target prospect approaches and on-site visits.
- Screening all interested prospects and obtaining comprehensive data on those prospects determined to be the best fit.
- Assisting in the valuation process for each final target prospect.
- Drafting offer letter templates and assisting in final negotiation of purchase price, terms and deal structure.
- Providing due diligence assistance as required (including guidance in post-acquisition integration planning and execution….a competency that differentiates Dyrehaven from most other investment banks).
- Bridging negotiation impasses and working with client attorneys and professional advisors to facilitate a timely and harmonious closing.
Regardless of the undertaking, albeit “broad-based searches” or, “target specific searches”, we would welcome the opportunity to explain our services and fee structure in greater detail. For more information, please request a copy of our brochure or better still, call us at: (608) 837-2281 or (877) 837-2281.